Crunchy muesli bars are one of my favourite things to snack on, especially with my mid-morning coffee.
Most store bought varieties are loaded with fructose and other nasties. These muesli squares are super easy to make and are fructose friendly.
As these squares have no added nasties they may crumble a bit when they’re cut. Don’t waste the crumbs!! Save them in an airtight container and use as a cereal topper.
What you will need:
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup puffed quinoa
½ cup pepita’s (pumpkin seeds)
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp flaxseed
A pinch of salt
3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsb pure vanilla extract
What to do:
MAKES 20 SQUARES
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- In a sauce pan on a low heat combine coconut oil and syrup until it’s a smooth consistency
- Add all wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread out on a lined baking tray (approximately 20cm square)
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Cut into squares once the square has completely cooled