There is nothing better than a big fresh salad bowl of goodness.
I used to love honey mustard chicken when I was younger but unfortunately can no longer eat it so I decided to create a FODMAP friendly dish that would taste similar.
This dish makes a perfect protein packed lunch or dinner.
What you will need:
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp seeded mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
2 tbsp of EVOO
1 tsp cayenne chilli sauce
2 whole garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
4 large handfuls of spinach (or salad of your choice)
½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
Small bunch of coriander
2 limes, zest and juice
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp maple syrup
What to do:
- In a bowl mix the marinade ingredients and chicken and place in the refrigerator overnight
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan to medium heat and add chicken
- Cook for approximately 6 minutes each side or until cooked completely through and golden brown
- Remove from pan and stand for 5 minutes
- Thinly slice chicken
- In a pot on a low heat combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt and cover with a lid
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed then remove from heat and “fluff up” with a fork
- Place the salad ingredients into serving bowls and top with sliced chicken and quinoa.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl
- Drizzle over the salad and ENJOY!