Who doesn’t love pizza?
This base is a lighter healthy option than a traditional pizza base and doesn’t leave you feeling heavy and lethargic after eating it.
The zucchini doesn’t have a strong flavor so it’s great if you’re trying to trick fussy eaters into eating more vegetables.
Try experimenting with your favorite toppings; tonight I topped mine with pesto, roasted pumpkin and feta.
What you will need:
3 cups of grated zucchini
3 tbsp quinoa flour
1 tsp flaxseed
¼ cup lactose free cheese, grated
1 tsp oregano (dried or fresh)
1 tsp basil (dried or fresh)
What to do:
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Place zucchini on a clean tea towel and draw up the corners to squeeze out the excess water, place on a paper towel
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Line a baking tray and spread the dough evenly in a 22cm diameter circle
- Bake 15 minutes. Flip base over and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Top with your favourite toppings and place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until toppings are cooked.